Wednesday, October 14, 2009

White as Snow for the Flower Fest!

Living in flats really curbs of you the pleasure of having your own garden. But that never deterred us from having our own Jasmine and Hibiscus for as long as I can remember.

Infact I remember having the same Jasmine plant for many many years. The flower that bloomed had nearly 7 - 9 petals and was very thick with heavy fragrance. After we lost that plant, we got this one when I came to have my own family. This particular one has been with me for the past five years.

Every year around the season my veranda is scented with this enchanting fragrance from the Jasmine!


The other addition that happened to our little garden was this lily plant that Athamma kept. They give so many flowers in one shot!





Below are the details

Common Name : Jasmine
Botanical name : Jasminum officinale


Common Name : Fairy Lily or White Rain Lily
Botanical name : Zephyranthes candida


Both Jasmine and Lily are my entries to this month's theme "White as Snow" as event that captures flowers in its beauty. Ever since knowing about Flower Fest I had been wanting to paint something based on the theme. Finally was able to send only photos!

3 comments:

Indrani said...

You have chosen beautiful flowers for the theme. Great shots.

Cool Lassi(e) said...

Love those shots. After seeing this entry I went and ransacked my folders and found a couple of flowers-shots for this month's flowerfest!

-Cool Lassi(e)
http://pangravykadaicurry.blogspot.com

Jaishree Iyer said...

Beautiful shots! Loved it!As cool lassi said..After seeing this entry itoo wish to send this month's flowerfest!Thanks for sharing dear:)

http://jaishreesblog.blogspot.com/